Recipe Name: EASY ‘HOMEMADE PICKLED JALAPEÑO AND HABANERO RINGS’ RECIPE
Introduction: The perfect crunch, from a properly prepared pickled Jalapeño or Habanero pepper slice, can’t be beat – however if you’re like me, they are very hard to come by in the flavor, texture, and experience desired. Homemade, allow you to perfect the ingredient sourcing, quantities, and processing methods to meet the taste, crunch, and spice of your expectations! Try making some today!
Great In/On: tacos, quesadillas, guacamole, salsa, sandwiches, Burritos, nachos, enchiladas
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Storage Information: In the refrigerator, up to (approximately) 1 week
- (approximately) 6 cups of Vinegar
- Optional for taste modification:
- (approximately) 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- (approximately) 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- (approximately) 1-2 cloves of Garlic (crushed, sliced, or diced)
- (approximately) 6 large Jalapeños
- (approximately) 6 large Habaneros
- Optional (approximately) 6 additional cups of Vinegar, to replace the boiled Vinegar
- Medium / Large Pot
- Stove, hot plate, or other cooking source
- Kitchen Knife
- Optional Trivet
- String Tool
- Storage Container/Jar for the completed Homemade Pickled Jalapeños and Habaneros
- Skimmer / Straining spoon
How To Make:
- Fill your medium/large pot with Vinegar (Ingredient 1) and place on the stove, with any optional salt (Ingredient 2.1), optional sugar (Ingredient 2.2), or optional (crushed, sliced, or diced) garlic (Ingredient 2.3) – on high heat, until the contents come to a steady boil.
- While the Vinegar is heating up, slice (thin/medium/thick – your preference) your Jalapeños (Ingredient 3), and Habaneros (Ingredient 4) – removing any stems and non-standard looking pieces.
- Remove the pot of boiling Vinegar from the stove (you can move the the pot to a cold burner, or a Trivet on the counter, to allow the vegetables to cool quicker to maintain crunchiness), and immediately (yet gently) drop in the sliced pepper rings.
- Stir the pepper rings around for about a minute – you should notice the color of the pepper rings lighten slightly.
- Move the pepper rings to your storage container with a skimmer / straining spoon, and either fill up the remainder of the storage container (to cover all of the vegetables) with either the vinegar you boiled with, or brand new Vinegar for a sharper taste (Ingredient 5).
- Seal, label, date, and refrigerate your storage container of Jalapeño and Habanero pepper rings. I recommend giving them at least one to two hours to chill, before beginning to enjoy them.